Mystery Plastic cap/pipe in front yard

by David L   Last Updated May 16, 2019 01:21 AM

Can someone please identify the purpose of this covered plastic pipe in my front yard. I can provide further details as necessary. I thought it was a drain clean-out, but the plumber disagreed. In the back yard, there is a clean-out for the combined sewer/storm line. Photos attached with cap on/off.enter image description here

enter image description here

Tags : cleanout

Answers 1

The cap is called a "popup emitter" and is used to cap a drain line. When there is water pressure the center part "pops" up and allows the water to flow.

Perhaps it's from a downspout or a sump pump. It looks as though it may be clogged up.

Popup Emitter

May 16, 2019 01:06 AM

Related Questions

Updated May 18, 2017 18:21 PM

Updated October 26, 2018 19:21 PM

Updated February 27, 2017 22:21 PM

Updated April 27, 2017 20:21 PM

Updated April 16, 2018 22:21 PM